The Camp Fire USA mission is to builds caring, confident youth and future leaders.
Coeducational and Inclusive
As the first nonsectarian, interracial organization for girls in the United States, Camp Fire USA takes pride in its long-standing commitment to providing fun programs and services to all children and families. We are inclusive and open to every person in the communities we serve. We welcome children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity.
Camp Fire USA's programs are designed and implemented to reduce sex-role, racial, and cultural stereotypes and to foster positive intercultural relationships.
Our Core Values
Camp Fire USA adheres to 12 core values that guide the development of programs and the organization as a whole:
- We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.
- We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
- We believe that the best youth development occurs in small groups where children and youth are actively involved in creating their own learning.
- We are committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
- We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
- We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth, and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity.
- We respect and celebrate nature.
- We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
- We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
- We enrich parents' and other adults' lives by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and build relationships with children and youth.
- We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
- We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.