Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can join?
- In Camp Fire USA, everyone is welcome, regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity. Our annual membership rate is $15 a year.
- What age groups are represented?
- Camp Fire USA Eastern Massachusetts Council provides services for children and youth from kindergarten to 12th grade - approximately five to 18 years old.
- Why isn't Camp Fire USA in every city in Eastern Massachusetts?
- Local leadership, community needs and volunteer participation all play a key role in whether or not Camp Fire USA is present, or will remain so, in a particular community. If you'd be interested in bringing Camp Fire USA to your community, please
- Why should kids be involved in Camp Fire USA?
- In Camp Fire USA, we encourage every child to discover his or her talents and abilities in a safe and secure environment. We think it’s important that kids satisfy their need to belong. Camp Fire USA allows youth to be part of a group that helps them make friends, interact with adult role models and become concerned citizens in their communities. This is taught through fun, coeducational activities, such as camps, clubs and child care, as well as programs such as A Gift of Giving, which teaches children the value of volunteering and service-learning.
- What Communities are served by Camp Fire USA?
- Camp Fire USA works with children in virtually all communities. You can find Camp Fire USA programs here in Eastern Massachusetts in community centers, places of worship, schools, apartment complexes and other community-based centers in the urban, suburban and rural areas where we have a presence.